New Perspectives

Today I sit here and I find myself wondering about the “what if’s” of life. They keep me daydreaming about the moment I will glide across the Miss New Jersey Stage, and then the Miss America Stage, and shortly after that, sharing my platform with the world. I continue to day dream about later on in my life. I dream to have a job as an Art Therapist in a children’s hospital, Fearless Movement events on the weekend, picking my children up from school and going home to a loving husband every night. (Now that’s only a few of my dreams, LOL)

Some may say I’m a dreamer but I tend to call myself as a successor. I don’t just dream about the days my dreams come true, I seethem coming true, I know they are going to come true. As I said, I sit today and think about the “what if’s”. Sadly, they’re not only the good “What if’s” in life but also the sad and bad.

As in, “What if I won Miss Gloucester County and not 1st Runner up? I’d be representing the county I love so much, going to Miss New Jersey this upcoming June with all of my friends..” “What if I won this local, or that local? I would be able to bring Fearless Movement into every appearance I would have.” I sit and ponder about the negative “what if’s” almost every day lately and it tends to dim my spirit, until yesterday. I read Cierra Kaler-Jones blog post about her life in pageantry, before and after being Miss New Jersey. It gave me hope. It gave me a new perspective. And that was it. A new perspective.

So thank you Cierra Kaler-Jones. You always know how to keep it real. My new perspective is, I do not need a crown to do all of these amazing things that I have already been doing with my life and others because… I already have been doing them without the crown. Yes, I love the Miss America Organization with all of my heart. The MAO has shaped me this past year. It has motivated me to do better and be better. I have gained many life long friends and scholarships that I prayed for and needed. I am more than excited to see my friends perform to their best ability at Miss New Jersey in June.

Over the past year, Fearless Movement has become a state-wide non-profit Epilepsy Advocacy and Research organization. We have raised over 2,000 dollars to enhance the process of finding a cure for Epileptics and helped many conquer and overcome their fears. We have had many opportunities to create awareness through Fox 29 News, South Jersey News, Radio stations and newspapers. Yes, becoming Miss New Jersey is a dream of mine. Although, it does not define me. I know who I am in Christ Jesus, Fearless Movement, and as Anna Negron would say through the name my mama gave me.

Today I am telling you through my wondering of the “what if’s” in life, to gain a new perspective. Whether someone was hired for that job you applied for, or someone else was picked for a scholarship you financially needed, or someone else is living out one of your dreams. It’s okay. Trust that God will provide. Trust that every thing that is happening, is paving your future. A better future than you could ever imagine. Don’t let the trials of life get in the way of finding out who you are. You are destined for greatness. Yes, YOU. It is these hardships and trials that define you for the rest of your life. You are strong, you are powerful and intelligent. I hope you have found your new perspective through Fearless Movement as I have found mine through the beautiful and intelligence of Cierra Kaler-Jones and Anna Negron. (Whom I would have not known if it wasn’t for my involvement with the MAO.)

God has a plan for you, and it is to prosper you. There is a hope and a future for you. Don’t let the “What If’s” get in the way. If you don’t believe me, check out the verse Jeremiah 29:11.

If you see a Miss America Serves event around your area this upcoming Saturday, please considering serving or donating your time! All proceeds go towards Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. You can register for Fearless Movement’s #MissAmericaPaints athttps://www.keepandshare.com/calendar15/mobile.php?i=2571139&mode=month#main_page. Details are on my facebook page – Ashley Kulikowski.

Stay fearless, xoxo.

Comments

Popular Posts