Resolutions

Every year, everyone writes a list of “New Years” resolutions they want to accomplish in the upcoming year. Do they always get accomplished? No. Is something learned from our resolutions? Hopefully. I’m encouraging you to take a different turn with your resolutions this year.

Of course you should write them down as a reminder. But should we focus on them as resolutions? No because they’ll never get done. Focus on the fact, that this is your life and if you want to do something or become something, then you need to use every resource, power or might that you have to get up, and do it.

A week ago, I thought over what I wanted to accomplish in 2016. Could I remember what I wrote down last January? No. Do I know where that list is? No. I was actually really sad and disappointed in myself that I could only remember one thing I wrote down.

This year, it’ll be a different story and I hope you’ll do the same. I’m focusing on more how I can better myself and who I want to become… Once I become who I want to be, and better myself, my dreams will be more obtainable and so will yours.

I wrote the list down and hung it up in my room. This year I want to be more courageous then I have been. Yes, that goes hand in hand with fear. So every day, in everything I do, I am going to question myself – “Am I driven by fear right now? Am I allowing my fear to control me? Or is this a time where I can stand up and be courageous?” The action of becoming courageous is being courageous in itself.

We WILL definitely have fears in our lives, but it’s up to us if we’ll let them define who we are and what we do. 

You have about 4 days until the New year. Take time to think about who you are now, how you can better yourself, and what you want to become. Your dreams will become more obtainable then you thought, and I promise you’ll be more motivated then you were before. Don’t think of them as a resolution, but as a significant life change. This is YOUR life, so take control.


Hey, forget about the new year… start now.



Comments

Popular Posts