Perseverance

Have you ever wanted something so bad, you were willing to do anything to get it? Or, just dreamed of achieving that goal…yet haven’t done anything to actually achieve it? Okay, well what about actually working for your dreams to come true and you are forever waiting for “your timing”. Well, I definitely can agree that I have experienced all three of those thoughts/feelings/situations. Although, I have realized, that only two of the three actually help towards accomplishing your dreams.

For the past two years, I have competed in the Miss America Organization for preliminary local titles to expand Fearless Movement’s horizon at a State wide level. Through those two years, I have expanded it and yes, the Miss America Organization aided that. Although, I did not represent the MAO with a local title just yet, I took matters in to my own hands and made Fearless Movement a state-wide non-profit organization. My next goal, was to share my heart and passion for Fearless Movement and the lives it has and will impact, on the Miss New Jersey stage. It took me countless hours of prepping, working out, and working hard to achieve that dream. It took me 19 locals to make that dream come true. Yes, I accomplished the dream of becoming a Miss America Preliminary Local Title holder on February 19th, 2017 and it still doesn’t feel real. I am your new, Miss Stars and Stripes 2017, representing 21 counties, and it was all because I persevered. 





Many of you today have a dream that was instilled in you but you’re tired of working for it because you can’t SEE the dream actually coming true. You’re thinking, “I’ve been working way too long to make this happen. If it has hasn’t happened yet, it’s not going to.” OR, “I’m tired of not seeing anything change. I give up.” I’m here to tell you to NOT GIVE UP. Perseverance goes a long way. I’m not sure if it really clicked when I said I competed in 19 locals… NINETEEN locals.. 1--- 9 ---- LOCALS. That was two years of my life, and when I tell you the wait was worth it, boy was it worth it. Within my first week of being crowned, I had the opportunity to bring my proposal to the Glassboro Board of Education of making it mandatory for teachers to be CPR and First Aid Certified, Bring Art Empowerment Programs to West Deptford Manor Care, Create more fundraisers for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, etc. Although, through my journey of accomplishing this dream, I have learned so much and also gained many things. Whether that was experience in the Miss America Organization, scholarships, opportunities for Fearless Movement or resume building. I received THREE jobs from this experience that are guided towards my career ambition (Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey, Preschool Teacher and Art Instructor). Right before this pageant, I also was asked to be the KEYNOTE speaker of an MPACT Girl’s Retreat! I have taught many workshops because of the experience I gained from this journey. 





Success is by far, not the goal being accomplished, yet the journey in accomplishing it.

Whatever it is you’re dreaming of today, do not give up on that dream. I shared three ways of how our minds think regarding our dreams. Actually working towards it --- Only dreaming, not doing anything to accomplish it --- and last, Dreaming, working towards it, and waiting. Two of the three actually work, and I’m just going to point out the one that doesn’t. Only dreaming, but not doing anything to accomplish it. I’m sure you guessed it, but if that’s you today, stop dreaming. Get up, and do something. It may take awhile and you may have to wait for God’s perfect timing, but it’ll happen. I promise.

Although, Fear and faith cannot abide with each other. You have to be fearless while having faith in yourself to accomplish the dream you have set in mind. If you’re fearing that you are not good enough to accomplish this dream of yours, drop it. If you fear that it’ll never come true, you might as well stop working for it now because that will not help you. It will only take the success out of your journey and make you limited from amazing opportunities.

I felt the fear of not being good enough. I feared that it wasn’t going to happen after all of this time.

If you have read my previous posts, you would have read how I have had a seizure at a pageant before, and I recently had a seizure on January 1st. I feared for my life that would happen during the pageant, yet I told myself that I needed to live by the verse 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of love, power and sound mind.” I needed those three qualities to have faith in myself and be fearless. I also needed to live by my own slogan, “Drop Fear, Gain Courage.” By living by that verse and that slogan, I was able to accomplish more than I could have ever imagined.

If you are a visual person, just like myself, I encourage you to have a fear journal. Use that journal to write down your fears and then write the pro’s of having that fear, and the con’s of having that fear. You will see with your OWN eyes that having fear is only taking away from your life --- not adding to it. That has helped me realize how much I allowed fear to control me. It’s time to rise up, actually chase your dreams and drop your fears. It’s time to persevere.

We’re rooting for you and are always here to help. Remember: If I can do it, you can too.

Fearless Movement will also be selling “Super Hero Kits for the Kids”. They will be $15 each and the kits will include a box of crayons, a color – your – own super hero mask, and this Fearless Cape to show children who are ill, that they may feel weak, but to the world, we see them as strong and as our super hero’s. Contact us at our email to purchase one or send your $15 electronically through cash.me/$fearlessmovement and write “Superhero” in the note section. Also – If you know someone who would like one of these kits, we’d love to send them one as well.



Contact us at thefearlessmovement@gmail.com for 24/7 confidential support.

Xoxo,

Ashley Kulikowski
Founder of Fearless Movement

(856)-558-2385

P.C - Richard Krauss Photography 

Comments

Popular Posts