3 Tips You NEED To Know While Battling Something

1.     Your life is not over – it has only just begun.

Many of us can’t see the next day let alone the light at the end of the tunnel while battling something horrific. It may not even seem horrific to those around us, but to you… it definitely is. I’ve been there. We all have. The number one thing to remember is that this is only the beginning of your life… with every battle comes a victory. Don’t wait for your victory, make it happen. This is YOUR life, it’s time you make it worth while. Chase your dreams. Be who you want to be. Don’t let anyone or anything stop you. Including your fears and trials.

2.     I promise you’re not facing this alone.
When I was diagnosed with Epilepsy, ask any one of my family members… I believed I was alone in this fight. I thought I was alone in my depression. I didn’t believe them when they said I wasn’t and I didn’t speak up about what I was feeling. I felt like I was the only one in this world fighting sadness and seizures. So I stayed lonely for months until I looked up how many people were battling Epilepsy and Depression. I started searching for help, and I received it. Whether that was from God or family and friends. I have never felt alone since then. Search for help.

3.     You can do this.

Whatever it is, you can overcome this. You’re stronger than you think. Have you ever heard those stories where a single person lifts a car in time of desperation to save another person’s life without even thinking? It’s because they didn’t have time to think “I can’t do this”. They had to fix the problem as quick as possible in order to save someone’s life. That’s what we, our world, need to do in time of desperation and fear. We need not to think but to do. Act on what battle we’re fighting and fight back. If it’s fear, acknowledge your fears and single out what that fear is adding to your life and what it’s taking away. If it’s depression, seek help. If it’s a break up, keep your mind busy and run towards your dreams. If it’s a dream that you missed by a second, create another one to run after. If it’s an illness, do whatever you can to find a cure and help those battling the same illness because you are most certainly…not alone.


This past weekend I was the keynote speaker at a girls retreat in Long Beach Island, NJ. I shared my story of battling my illness and depression with girls 6 years old – 14 years old. Through my stories, we played games/participated in activities to educate them on how to persevere through our hardships and in order to persevere, we have to be fearless. I went away on this retreat, believing I was going to be teaching them. Wow, was I wrong? I learned so much from these young ladies this past weekend that I wish I could go back and relive it all over again.

Saturday night was the “serious – dig deep into our hearts” night. I challenged each of them to think of a fear they were facing that they wanted to overcome. When the time came, they could make the first step to overcome that fear and that was to acknowledge it. They acknowledged it by writing it on the fear banner we had hanging up. 


The next step was to confide in someone they trusted and someone that would keep them accountable for dropping that fear, and gaining courage. That was when young girls came up to me. One of the young girls could not even share her fear at first because of how bad she was crying. Once she started to calm down yet still crying, she shared she was afraid of losing her sister like she lost her mom. That was when I started to tear up and I had to hold it together to show her strength, but that’s not the truth at all. Strength was doing exactly what she did whether she was in tears or not. Coming at your weakest, acknowledging what you’re facing and making the first two steps in order to overcome it. I cannot explain how rewarding that moment was for me…Not only to be someone she trusted with information about herself like that but my words actually inspired her to drop her fears, and gain courage. This young girl is 8 years old and does not have a mother. She fears for her life she’ll lose the people she’s closest to and relive it all over again. But guess what… she does not have to live with this fear anymore. This weekend, she made a HUGE step into recovery and becoming a fighter, an overcomer all because, I made the choice to persevere through my battles. 
 
That’s the point for these tips for you tonight. It is ALL A CHOICE. I spoke about choices as well and how a choice is to say yes or no to something. Will we say yes to living in our fears and anxiety and no to living a fulfilling life? Or will we say yes to overcoming what we’ve encountered and letting our transparency become someone else’s victory as well as our own. I am a victor continuously by sharing my story and persevering. You can be too. Don’t give up.


Share this to help those struggling with battles we know nothing about.

Fearless Movement is always here for you and everything is kept confidential.

Ashley Kulikowski

Founder and CEO

Thefearlessmovement@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts