In Time of Desperation and Fear - WE Rise.

I'll be the first to tell you, I hate watching the news these days.

We thought the news was bad a year ago or whatever...My heart breaks hearing tragic stories about how homes are destroyed, families are in need, and hearts are aching because of natural disaster and malicious acts.

Writing this is extremely hard because I'm writing from a perspective who doesn't know what it's like to have my home destroyed, be in need to the point where I'm worried about if I'll be eating the next day or not, or fearing for my life before someone takes it or a loved ones in the blink of an eye.

But I am writing from knowing what fear feels like and being worried for my own safety and my future. So what do we do, when fear is thrown upon us because of worldly circumstances?

We rise.

As you've probably read a thousand times, I don't believe being fearless means you have no fear. It means you're fighting your fear. So I will write this in the best way I can to comfort the hearts of those affected by what has occurred in Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, Texas and Florida.

Yes, there is evil in this world but their motive is to create fear and we cannot allow that fear to stay within us. We need to rise above that fear so that we can live our best lives possible and thats by,

1. Knowing your surroundings. 
Guys, we have to be aware of what's going on around us and take the proper precautions necessary. We have to report suspicious actions for not only your safety, but those around us.

2. Be there for those in need.
Yes we are all hurting by these events, yet we have to rise above our hurting hearts and be there in unity for those who are actually living through these events. We pray, we host drives, we do everything in our might to send our love and condolences to them.

Growing up, I learned all about "WE the people." Whenever a horrific event happens, all I think of is "WE the people." Those three words. WE the people need to stand together in time of need, discrimination, police brutality, malicious/terroristic acts, and natural disasters. WE the people should not be a divided land to other countries. WE the people should be the country known for standing together regardless of our opposite opinions or views. Regardless if we agree or disagree with our president.

This year I have found my voice in so many different ways that I didn't even think were possible. One thing I vowed to myself, is to rise above any circumstance, including fear. It's easier said than done, but I rather be there for my brother and sister than argue on Facebook about a political stance/issue. Love is the answer. Not hate. Not fear. But love.

We must not become numb to the news, yet be reminded to love one another and be there for each other.


This week, I only hope you allow my short #TuesdayThoughts help guide your actions in love... Run a clothing drive, food drive, etc for those in need and pray for our country. Show the world that equality matters. There is no color. Its the matter of the heart, not the position they are in. It's about what we do AND say. Words matter too.


 



Always here for you in confidence,

Ashley Mae.

Founder of Fearless Movement
(856)-558-2385
thefearlessmovement@gmail.com
Instagram: @fearlessmovement
Facebook @FearlessmovementFM



Comments

Popular Posts