Tis' the Season of Joy

YES. It is officially the holiday season whether you are celebrating Hanukah, Christmas, etc. I cannot wait to gather together with my loved ones on Christmas Eve night, along with Christmas and have our yearly traditions take place once again.

Each year I go out and spend countless dollars on gifts for loved ones and also myself on these great holiday deals (don't we all?). Although every year I find myself doing the same thing. Which is, comparing with others the amount I am able to spend on gifts to their "price range." I see many families never struggling to pay their bills, gifts for loved ones and living a life without depending on horrid financial situations. Then I begin to feel depressed, worried and in fear that my gifts will not be looked at on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter as good as the average "Christmas gift" should. I would love to post a picture of a awesome gift I purchased for my parents that none come compare but then... I compare it to what others are purchasing for their loved ones and go back to thinking "it's not good enough."

This year, I came across this quote by Theodore Roosevelt... "Comparison is the THEIF of joy." 

As I sit here thinking about what I have been consuming my mind with day in and day out and I come to the realization that it is comparison. During the season of joy, I am robbing myself of being joyful with comparison. While questioning God why I cannot be blessed with more funds as others have been, He showed me that it is jealousy. Through that jealousy, it is causing me to not be satisfied and thankful for what He has given to me. There are MANY families in our world that are suffering from hunger, nonetheless purchasing gifts for their loved ones and I am the one complaining about not purchasing more expensive gifts so I feel that I can give people what they deserve. What they deserve is my love and appreciation. Although, by worrying about what to purchase for their gifts shows the love and appreciation all I truly have for them. And after all... its the "though that counts", right?

I am sharing my jealous comparison to others with you today to encourage you to not be like me this season. Take time to thank God for all that He has given to you. Whether thats a house, a computer/phone that you are reading this on and food. But..don't just thank Him this season. Go out and do something to help your community or families you see in need. This is the season of joy. Do not rob your joy with envy and comparison. Receive that joy in giving it to others. You have a greater impact in this world than you will ever see. This is not just the season of joy, but of blessings and thanksgiving.

I decided to give that joy to others this holiday season by selling Christmas cookies in order to raise research funds and awareness for those battling Epilepsy. Having the privilege to help others live their life to the fullest through this activity sure brings me joy. If you would like to help, or purchase some of our "Cookies for a Cure" to give as a gift to someone(or eat yourself), please contact me!
                                        
Shipping/delivery options are available! 

$5 per half dozen and they come already in a Christmas bag ready to give away! If you purchase two dozen or more, you will receive a FREE #BeFearless t-shirt. If you would like to add a chocolate gingerbread goodie bag it will only be an additional charge of $2! 


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Ashley Kulikowski
Founder of Fearless Movement - 
Twitter (DROPFEAR_) Instagram (@ashleykulikowski) Email: (ashleykulikowski37@gmail.com)

Comments

Popular Posts