Happy 2016 //Stop sleeping with the liars.\\

Tonight I had a 3 hour Writing Intensive class with the one and only Hannah Brencher. It was not only educational but inspiring and uplifting and I hope through what she has taught me, I can teach you and inspire you to do great works such as she has. Start off your new year with one goal in mind, to stop sleeping with the liars.

The liars are the ones who keep us up at night telling us what we can’t do. They’re the ones who tell us that our fears are bigger than our dreams so there is no point in fighting back. In fact, don’t even fight because if you throw one punch we’ll break both hands and you won’t be able to do anything with them again. That’s what going to sleep with these liars can do to us. Keep us ineffective from anything we try to succeed at. These liars start with a small and subtle voice that we agree on listening too. It then begins to build up over time and they’re not so subtle anymore. They become much louder and start to scare us, in fact terrify us.

“Those 10lbs you wanted to lose? No don’t even try to that, you still wont be pretty enough.” They’re saying. “That cute sun dress you want to buy? Ha. If only you’d look as good as the model advertising it. In your dreams sweetie.” Or how about for the men, “That woman you want to be your girlfriend, loved one or partner? Forget about it. She’ll never go for a low life like you. So treat her like crap. How about telling her she isn’t worth anyone’s time. Kill her pretty self esteem and go mess around and break some girl’s hearts. That’ll make you a man worth being with.” Oh wait, this one is for both genders… the liars want to tell you, “You’re not good enough to change this world. Your story of your horrid childhood won’t help anyone. Your story about your depression is only going to make people feel depressed and sad. Don’t bring it up. It’s better to keep it in. You’ll show the world your weakness. You really want them to know where to hit you were it hurts? Just shush. Don’t say a word about that boy or girl getting bullied. They’ll only bully you too. Hey, keep quiet! Don’t compliment them, they’ll only think you’re sucking up to them or you have a hidden agenda.”

No matter what the voices inside your head or those around you tell you, you ARE pretty enough. Oh and when I say you look good MMM boy, you look great! Wear your outfits confidently. Yes, I am quoting Miss Universe, you are #confidentlybeautiful. As I said previously in another blog post, comparison is the thief of joy. Stop listening to the liars and comparing yourself to photo shopped, Instagram filtered humans. Hey men, listen up. These liars are sharing horrible advice with you. From a WOMAN’S perspective… treating a lady like crap, using her and killing her self-esteem is a horrible thing to do. She will not respect you, nor will she ever trust you. As long as you listen to what these “reality TV” shows share with you, and then the voices inside your head, you will never have a great relationship. No matter how successful a woman is, or how beautiful she is, or how “out of your league” you think she is, you will always have a chance if she is not already taken by another man. If she does not choose you, do not be discouraged. She simply wasn’t the one for you and that’s okay. The quote, “There is plenty of fish in the sea” is true. To the ladies and to the men, be the best possible version of yourself and love who you are before you decide to love someone else. You will then find who your heart so desires.

Now now… to both genders who are dream chasers but feel that their fear is much larger than their dreams could ever be… Yes, I am speaking to YOU. I was there. I listened to the lies and I went to bed with them every night for over a year. Yes, I was depressed and I am not going to hide that like the voices in my head are telling me too. Depression is real. Fear is real. Statistics show that 121 million people all over the world suffer from depression or some form of anxiety.  It starts with fear, then leads into something much deeper. But then I woke up one morning realizing my dreams will never become a reality until they are much larger then my fears. Fear is a bitter, bitter thing that can take and take from you until you have nothing left.

The Liar’s Job Description…

“If you can keep them from gaining courage and boldness and real life, they will be unable to propel others forward.”

Is that what you want? To let the liars and fears set place these thoughts and things in your life hold you back from amazing opportunities to change our world? You may have been battling with these fears and lies for years. But I am here to tell you, no matter your story, whether it’s a small battle you faced, or something as an illness what I have been battling with, it can and will help others if you speak up. You have a voice and it is time it has been heard. You have kept quiet for too long and it has to stop. You are strong, you are brave and you can do this. Your dreams are waiting to be accomplished, but will you break the chains that these liars have on you? That these fears have placed upon your life? Or will you let someone else accomplish your dreams while you watch, in a pool full of tears, and tissues floating around you in a dark room with no light shining through. Well here is your light. It’s time you take a stand for your life first, so you can help others take a stand for theirs. It’s time you be the light that sparks a fire into the souls you encounter to only do the same. Your story is worth telling so please, share it with someone.

I am sorry if I came off so dogmatic tonight, but I felt that I had too. This topic is something I felt very passionate about. I also encourage you all to follow Hannah Brenchers blog. Www.HannahBrencher.com // She is an inspiring young woman that helps me break the chains of my fears every day and helps me thank Jesus for how he made me. Perfectly imperfect. \\ Please share your story with us at @fearlessmovement on Instagram, @DROPFEAR_ on Twitter, or my email : ashleykulikowski37@gmail.com

We’re rooting for you.  






Comments

Popular Posts