Empowering others through the Arts - Behind the Scenes

About a year ago, I had the idea of creating an Art Empowerment program through Fearless Movement. I had the vision of changing lives through the arts as art has changed my life and in fact, bettered the person I am today. 

My first vision was "Art for Hope". Creating pieces of art and selling them on line for the proceeds to benefit Epilepsy research and awareness. Not only did God allow that dream to come true, but He made that dream come true bigger and better than imagined. Art for Hope's art line is not only being sold through my etsy account.. https://www.etsy.com/shop/Art4H0PE?ref=l2-shopheader-name 
God opened up the doors for TWO stores in Pitman, NJ to sell them as well! (Thank you to the Lil' Art House and Wind Change! Forever grateful.) 

Now many would have stopped with the dream chasing ideas by now because they came true... but thats not how my mind works. I only think, "How can I make this bigger? How can this be better? How can I raise more research funds and awareness?!" Yes I am grateful for the doors and opportunities God opened for me, but I also have faith He will not stop helping me until ALL of my dreams come true because HE is the one who instilled them in me. 

The next idea was to hold Art Drives at local schools, churches and community events! All of the art supplies donated would benefit Art Empowerment Packages to make up to give out to children at local hospitals, and also the elderly at assisted living facilities! I would also teach them a fun Arts and Crafts creation, and spend time hearing about their lives and having fun! While being diagnosed with Epilepsy, it was hard to manage the stress, depression, and exhaustion I received from this chronic illness. Art became my outlet. I would always get so excited for a new sketch book, pencils, paint or new canvas's and brushes to create something cool and crafty. That then would release all of my stress, and whatever I was dealing with. It created a happiness in my life that I don't believe I would have today if it wasn't for the Arts. (Whether that's creating Art, playing the piano, or acting in theatre productions) 

I knew I had to bring this joy to others as well, that art could be their outlet too. So I started with the high school I graduated from with my Art Teacher! She assisted me with holding an Art Drive in her classroom! Over 300 supplies were donated. I then began the process of creating the packages!

The most recent trip was to Cooper University Hospital. I met with many families and children and was given the opportunity to provide the gift of Art. I shared with each individual my story and how the arts how empowered me. I also shared about how fear can take place in each of our lives and hold us back from living a fulfilling life if we allow it too. I explained how to drop their fears and gain courage through this package as well... to allow ART to be their outlet. To say no to fear, and yes to empowerment. 

Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures of the children receiving the gifts because of privacy reasons that are completely understandable. I will be heading over to an assisted living facility and you will see pictures from that visit! SO EXCITED. If you want to join, please email: thefearlessmovement@gmail.com. Or, if you would like to host an Art Drive, donate art supplies, or simply host Fearless Movement at your next event, school, or church please email us today! 
I would be more than happy to share the importance of Art and being fearless with all of those I encounter. 
You can purchase any thing from our art line by clicking on the link provided or visit those two stores in Pitman, NJ. Help us find a cure for Epilepsy. 

Comments

Popular Posts