Made for more. Happy New Year, 2017.

So I basically wrote almost 4-5 days ago about resolutions for the “New Year”. It was all about being courageous in fearful times and not worrying about the “New Year” but worrying about now and what I and what you should want to become instead. What I want to become is courageous but am I acting it right now? Not at all. At least I don’t feel courageous.

On January 1st, 2017, I had a seizure about 12 noon. The first seizure in almost 10 months. TEN MONTHS. On January 3rd, which would be tomorrow, would have been my tenth month, SEIZURE FREE. Could I have prevented it? Maybe. And that’s what kills me. That I could have prevented it. There’s nothing for certain that would say I could have prevented it but if I had a time machine, I definitely would have went back and tried too. Great way to start off the new year right?

This sounds incredibly depressive, and I admit that I feel that way right now. But in times of distress and fear, I told my self I need to become courageous. I told all of you, that’s what you need to do to make your resolutions or goals, more obtainable. It all starts with you.

So hey, we’re in this together. I can’t tell you how bad I just want to scream and cry and throw every fearless saying, shirt, artwork in my room right now though. I don’t feel fearless and that’s okay. Being fearless is not feeling fear, its fighting against the fear you feel.

What I’ve realized this year, is that you don’t need to feel fearless to be fearless.

Life is hard. Hardships can weigh you down like a barrel of bricks and that’s how my whole body feels right now. But I’m HERE. You are HERE. Just being alive is reason enough to keep pushing on regardless of what you’re feeling. The reasoning why I’m writing this today is to not make you feel sorry for me (trust me that’s the last thing I want, so please. Don’t.) It’s to show you that I understand where you are right now, how you feel. Regardless of what you’re going through. That could be Epilepsy, a disorder, an illness, a hardship, insecurities or just fear in general.

You’re not alone and you never will be.

There are so many people watching your life right now and you don’t even know it. So many people follow your posts, tweets, snapchats and its at the slip of your fingertips. Don’t let your impact in this world go to waste by not sharing your story with others or allowing others to affect your life in a positive way. You may not feel courageous right now. You may not even feel like speaking. Hey I freaking had a seizure and have to start my whole seizure free cycle over again and have to wait even longer to drive now. Do I feel like speaking? No. But I have to because I have a story to share just like you do. Forget the inspirational meaning of how this will change your life. Don’t do this for you. I’m going to say this for the last time, do this for those who follow you. For those who are watching because your life in itself is a testimony and will help someone regardless of how big or small your hardship is. When you stop doing things for yourself but for others, that’s when things change. I truly believe that and have seen it with my own eyes. That’s when you become happy by helping others become happy. So, hey, I’m done.

I’m done dwelling in the past. I’m done dwelling on my own fears and I’m done feeling this depressed feeling because I will do everything in my might and power to not get to that place again. The choice is yours. But when you’re feeling upset, distraught and hopeless, remember, someone went through the same thing, or something like it and overcame it. If they can, you can too. If I can, you can. Life can totally suck at times, but it’s up to you on how you respond.

This year, please, focus on how you can live fearlessly. Because of watching others in 2015, and 2016... people like you, have helped me get off my own butt to go out and take care of myself, physically and mentally. We need more people like that in our world today. Especially in our world today. You don't need to feel fearless to fight against your fears. You can do this. So, how will you respond to your hardships? 

You are made for more.

If you’re not at that point right now to speak up to more than one person, I understand and I’m here. Hey, sometimes I'm not at that point either and God is the only one I cry out too. I encourage you to try speaking to him, or speaking to me. Everything is kept confidential with Fearless Movement and I've been there. Heck, I still am but gradually overcoming my fears just like you are. So please, speak up to someone and remember...



Email:Thefearlessmovement@gmail.com Instagram:@FearlessMovement Twitter:@DROPFEAR_

If you would like to donate, or purchase something from our "Art For Hope" website where proceeds benefit Epilepsy Awareness and Research - please visit the website below. If you are not able to, please share. 

https://art4h0pe.patternbyetsy.com

Stay Fearless.

Xoxo,

Ashley Kulikowski
(856)-558-2385

Founder and CEO of Fearless Movement

Comments

Popular Posts