Sometimes Life Gets Hard

For those of you who have read my last post, you know I had a seizure on the first day of 2017. For those who haven't read my last post, now ya know and you should probably go back and read that post ;) So this post is completely about what I've been dealing with lately, because Fearless Movement not only promotes living a Fearless Life and also raises funds to find a Cure for Epilepsy, but it's a platform for those who need to see that they are not alone in the circumstances they face. Its a platform to encourage others to #ShareYourStory. So here is mine.

It has been a hard couple of weeks mentally and physically for me. I may not show it 100% of the time because that's just my way of trying to move on from certain circumstances.  All I have to say is, it definitely has been a struggle. So has adjusting with loads of homework along with working three jobs. But hey, sometimes life just gets hard. So what do I do?

I watch Netflix. I drink more coffee. I play the piano. I surround myself with people who make me happy.. I create things like Art and even cry out actual tears to God. Those are my "go-to's" and I have to say,  they pretty much do me well. If it wasn't for those things (especially crying out to God) I wouldn't be able to stand on my two feet.

I've had difficult situations with people lately as well and confrontation is NOT my friend. I rather just move on from the situation... But that's something I can't move on from because in the real world, people will notice that and take advantage of it. So I had to grow in that area lately, and JUST DO IT. (Mostly, still gaining the courage to confront other areas as well).

Although, It all reminds me of how we act wth our fears.

Life gets hard sometimes. Those circumstances make us feel weak and worry-some. We start to fear irrational fears and maybe even rational ones. That's fine. We're human. BUT, we tend to try to just move on from it and not confront the situation at hand. That situation, then lingers and makes us feel bitter, angry and basically 10x worse.

If we try to just "move on" with our fears, our fears will only grow in our lives and then it will start to become bigger. It will start to control us, define us and shape us.

It's like having the fear of driving in the rain, and never confronting it. It seems like no big deal at first, but then you are offered this great job. But hey, your mind tells you "no it's raining today, you can't drive in the rain remember?" So then you  miss out on a great job offer because that fear then controlled you to shoot the interview down because of YOUR FEAR.

We all will have that job interview that we'll miss out on because we can't confront our fears. We all will have a circumstance that'll cause us to fear. But the question is... Is confrontation that bad of a thing? Or is feeling so depressed to the point where you can't do ANYTHING other than feel sorry for yourself because of your fears, worse?

I've been there and I rather confront. Regardless of how much I care about what others think of me, I need to confront the issue at hand. Whether thats fear or an issue with someone I'm friends with, work with, etc.  That's definitely an insecurity I'm facing -- Fear of what others think of me and I don't want to come off as "mean" or not nice. But a girl has to stick up for her self right? Why be treated like a door mat when I should be treated better? The same goes for you. Tonight, even though I've been feeling down, worn out, and sad -- I'm dropping that fear of what others think about me. There comes a time where you have to do what's best for YOU. That time is now. So if you're facing the fear of confrontation, drop it. Confront that person, because it's time to take care of YOU and how YOU'RE treated. If you're fearing something that deals with your illness, your fear is only stressing you out and making it worse most likely. DROP IT.  Regardless of what you're fearing, and if you need help to drop that and gain courage, please contact me. You're not alone in what you're facing and every conversation is kept in confidence.

Email Fearless Movement for 24/7 support at @thefearlessmovement@gmail.com

The time is NOW and it's TIME to live your best life.


Our fundraiser right now is #CookiesForACure and #CandyForACure! Please contact us for custom orders and delivery options are AVAILABLE! We also do fundraisers for YOUR cause! All proceeds benefit Epilepsy Research and awareness.

Comments

Popular Posts